Scrutiny (outsourcing) Ltd has developed a unique approach to the catering
design and equipment sourcing on behalf of clients.
Where traditionally this activity has been "cloaked" in terms of clarity
of costs, Scrutiny brings to this process a fully auditable best value procedure
on behalf of our clients. All costs from design input through to competitive
tendering on the basis of supply, installation and commissioning are readily
understood and agreed ahead of work commencing.
Scrutiny (in line with client requirements) will tender the supply, installation
and commissioning of equipment based on design plans that are agreed by clients.
This tender will normally be based on at least three competitive submissions.
To ensure that we minimise the risk to our clients in this process, we
only ask for submissions from companies that are members of CEDA (Catering
Equipment Distributors Association). This affords our clients peace of mind
in the following key areas:
- Product Quality - Undertake to provide quality products manufactured
to the relevant standards of safety and hygiene.
- Warranty - All goods or parts manufactured or sold by members carry a
guarantee covering a minimum twelve-month period.
- Quality Assurance - Suppliers are encouraged to hold Quality Assurance
approval to BS5750, IS09000 and E29000.
- Service - Undertake to maintain the highest standards of service to their
customers and to make available spare parts for a reasonable period after
the cessation of production of any product.
- Installation and Commissioning - A competent person must only install
catering equipment supplied. Suppliers will only use competent persons to
carry installation/ commissioning for which they are responsible. Suppliers
will ensure that their own staff is suitably trained through approved courses
and that they themselves are CORGI registered if they carry out the installation/
commissioning of gas equipment.
- Advice to Users - To make available product information through the medium
of written instructions, manuals and sales training and will provide information
by telephone/ facsimile or by demonstration.
- Business Integrity - Undertake to maintain the highest standards of business
integrity when dealing with customers and suppliers.